Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffin
These blueberries loaded muffins are very easy to make, delicious, and totally plant-based breakfast.
Whole Wheat Blueberry MuffinCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
Blueberries 1 cup
Unsweetened plant-based milk 2/3 cup
Unsweetened applesauce ½ cup
Pure maple syrup ½ cup
Whole wheat pastry flour 2 cups
Ground flaxseeds 1 tablespoon
Baking powder 2 teaspoons
Salt ¾ teaspoon
Baking soda ¼ teaspoon
Alcohol-free vanilla extract 1 ½ teaspoon
Apple cider vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners, set aside.
- Combine milk, flaxseeds, and vinegar in a large bowl until well combined and appears foamy, set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in another medium bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour the milk mixture in it.
- Add applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the well with milk mixture and mix until the dry ingredients are moistened, do not over mix.
- Fold in blueberries with a spatula.
- Fill each prepared muffin cup 3 quarter full with the batter and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool completely about 25 minutes.
- Remove each muffin from muffin tin and serve.