This delicious rice pilaf is made with raisins, dried apples, cinnamon, allspice, and thyme.
Rice PilafCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
Uncooked jasmine rice 1 cup
Water 1 ½ cups
Onion 1 small, finely chopped
Golden raisins ¼ cup
Dried apples ¼ cup, chopped
Olive oil 2 tablespoons
Salt 1 teaspoon
Ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon
Ground allspice ¼ teaspoon
Dried thyme ¼ teaspoon
Cayenne pepper 1/8 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in onion and sauté for 6 minutes or until tender.
- Add in rice and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Stir in water, raisins, dried apples, salt, cinnamon, allspice, thyme, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover the saucepan and simmer it for 15 minutes or until the rice are tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.