Pulled BBQ Jackfruit Sandwich
This plant-based pulled BBQ jackfruit sandwich is very easy to make and delicious.
Pulled BBQ Jackfruit SandwichCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
Jackfruit 10 oz, drain, rinsed, and shredded
Whole wheat burger buns 2
BBQ sauce ¼ cup
Soy-free vegenaise ¼ cup
Apple cider vinegar 2 tablespoons
Turbinado sugar 1 teaspoon
Broccoli slaw 4 oz
Dill pickle chips 2 oz
Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the vegenaise, vinegar, sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a large bowl; add in the broccoli slaw and toss well.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add shredded jackfruit in it.
- Season jack fruit with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 6 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Stir in BBQ sauce and cook for 3 minutes or until sauce is sticky.
- Divide the pulled BBQ jackfruit, coleslaw, and pickles between the toasted buns.
- Serve immediately.