Pearl Barley and Vegetable Minestrone soup
This vegan plant-based pearl barley and vegetable minestrone soup is very healthy and scrumptious.
Pearl Barley and Vegetable Minestrone soupCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
Zucchini 1 cut into 1 cm dice
Carrot 1 peeled, cut into 1 cm dice
Celery sticks 2 cut into 1 cm dice
Brown onion 1 cut into 1 cm dice
Garlic 2 cloves, crushed
Diced tomatoes 2 cans (400g each)
Kale ½ bunch shredded
Pearl barley 1/3 cup
Smoked paprika 2 teaspoons
Salt and pepper to taste
Vegetable stock 2 cups
Borlotti beans 1 can (400g), rinsed and drained
Olive oil 1 tablespoon
Flat-leaf parsley shredded, for serving
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over high heat.
- Add zucchini, carrot, celery, onion, and garlic to the hot oil and cook for 5 minutes or until onion softens.
- Stir in paprika, tomatoes, vegetable stock, and barley, and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 30 minutes or until barley is tender.
- Add in kale and stir until kale wilts.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide soup among 4 bowls, sprinkle with parsley and serve.