Homemade Pita Bread
These 5 ingredients homemade pita bread is very easy to make, quick, and healthy.
Homemade Pita BreadCourse: SidesCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
Whole wheat flour 2 cups (325g)
All-purpose flour 1 cup (365g)
Instant yeast 2 ½ teaspoons
Salt 1 teaspoon
Olive oil 1 tablespoon
Luke warm water 1 ½ cups + 2 tablespoons
- Combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, yeast, and salt in a large bowl, making sure to keep the salt on the opposite side to the yeast.
- Add in olive oil and enough water to make a firm dough.
- Stir well with a spatula until the flour is absorbed and you have a shaggy dough.
- Transfer your mixture to a lightly greased and clean surface.
- Also, grease your hands with olive oil and start kneading.
- Knead for 7 to 10 minutes or until it feels smooth and when it is in a ball shape.
- Divide your dough into 8 portions.
- Roll each portion into a round shape about 3 mm thick.
- Place on a lightly floured baking sheet and cover gently with a clean damp towel.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F.
- After 30 minutes remove the towel from pitas and gently flip each one over.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover with a dish towel and leave them to cool.