Delicious Chickpea Curry Soup
This plant-based, easy to make, delicious chickpea curry soup is ready in 15 minutes.
Delicious Chickpea Curry SoupCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
Chickpeas 1 can (540ml), drained (or about 2 cups, cooked)
Onion ¼ chopped
Garlic 3 cloves, minced
Yellow curry powder 1 tablespoon
Turmeric 1 teaspoon
Ground coriander 1 teaspoon
Canola oil 1 tablespoon
Vegetable broth 2 cups
Coconut cream 2/3 cup
Lime ½ juiced
Water to thin
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion in hot oil and sauté for 1 minute then add in chickpeas, curry powder, turmeric, and coriander and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in vegetable broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend the chickpea mixture with an immersion blender.
- Thin with water if desired.
- Place again on the stove and stir in coconut cream and lime juice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve.