Buffalo Hot and Spicy Chickpea Wraps
This delicious and healthy salad is a combination of hot spicy chickpeas and a creamy hummus dressing with spinach and sprouted flaxseeds.
Buffalo Hot and Spicy Chickpea WrapsCourse: Dinner
For salad + dressing:
Baby spinach 2 cups, roughly chopped
Sprouted flaxseeds 1 tablespoon
Hummus 1/3 cup
Lemon juice 2 tablespoons
Maple syrup 2 tablespoons
Hot water 2 tablespoons
For buffalo chickpeas:
Chickpeas 1 can (15 ounces), rinsed, drained, and dried
Hot sauce 4 tablespoons
Coconut oil 1 tablespoon
Garlic powder ¼ teaspoon
Sea salt 1 pinch
Whole wheat tortilla, pita, or flatbread 4
Green onion 2 chopped, green part only
- To prepare salad + dressing; combine hummus, lemon juice, maple syrup, and hot water to a bowl and whisk until fully combined, taste and adjust flavors then toss in the spinach and sprouted flaxseeds, set aside.
- To prepare chickpea; in a separate mixing bowl combine chickpeas, 3 tablespoons of hot sauce, coconut oil, garlic powder, and salt and mix well.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and add chickpeas in it and sauté for 5 minutes. Mash a few chickpeas gently using a spoon. It helps in creating the texture.
- Once chickpeas are slightly dried out, remove from heat and add in the remaining 1 tablespoon of hot sauce and stir well.
- To assemble; top each wrap with ¼ of prepared chickpeas, top with a generous portion of dressed spinach salad, and lastly sprinkle of chopped spring onion.
- Serve immediately.